No rain on Superior's parade
Despite a pounding rainstorm just before showtime, Superior's Fourth of July parade pulled in a large crowd.
A number of them earned first-place nods:
• Float — Great Lakes Elementary School.
• Marching band — AAD Shrine Pipes and Drums.
• Vehicle — Parkland Volunteer Fire Department.
• Equestrian — Douglas County 4-H.
• Live performers — Busy Bodies, a Laurel and Hardy appreciation society.
• Performing group — World of Accordions.
• Walking group — Girl Scouts Unit 11.
• Committee's Choice — "Land of Possibilities," a "Wizard of Oz"-themed float.